Dyson HP04 - Air Quality Sensor Fault/No Humidity Reading | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson HP04 - Air Quality Sensor Fault/No Humidity Reading

• 26 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Good afternoon,

This is a bit of a long one but I’m open to any suggestions at this point! Essentially, I bought this machine from Dyson in August 2022 and upon unboxing and using the machine I became aware that certain functionality wasn’t working - primarily the ‘auto’ functionality available through the app or controller.

I raised this with Dyson within the first 14 days or so of receipt, they said they would swap it and arranged a delivery date. On the ‘delivery date’ for the swap, nothing happened. I therefore boxed the machine up and it has been sitting in my house (boxed) waiting for a replacement since August 2022. I contacted the team multiple times during that period, via Whatsapp, live chat, phone, trustpilot and even down the route of a ‘complaint’ - long story short, it never got fixed as they had no like-for-like machine in stock to ‘swap’ mine with and basically said there was nothing they could do.

This month I gave up waiting for it to be swapped, so I asked for a repair to the faulty machine instead. The repaired machine was delivered back to me today, though it looks like the Air-Quality sensor fault still exists and a relative humidity reading doesn’t display on the machine or on the app (just shows as a blank reading: - -%).

The repair report states that there was an issue with the display, worn filters and the machine was cleaned/replaced alongside a fully functional check. I’m not sure how the machine had worn filters within a period of 14 days of use or there was a fault with the display, which was an issue I never raised?

Picture of the fault that appears within the app after trying to use the auto functionality:

For any Dyson Rep:

Confirmation Information 9006013571 / 23.01.2023

Registered Complaint/issue number: 831442929

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 31 January 2023, 11:45

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Hello @M4ffw. We’re sorry to hear you’re still experiencing issues with your device. 

From the details you’ve shared, it looks like we’ll need to run you through a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks to help work out why this is happening. As you’ve already tried our online Support guide, please get in touch via WhatsApp: To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Our experts will also be able to confirm if any replacement parts or repairs needed are covered under your Dyson guarantee.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @M4ffw 

A very strange predicament.

I experienced a similar fault some years ago. I was able to rectify it, without the need for a repair or an exchange. The process in doing so, was somewhat simple, although involved multiple steps, including uninstalling and reinstalling the App.

I concluded the error was the result of either, my own networks inability to process or sent machine data across WiFi or that it was a mismatch in the Dyson cloud server.

May I recommend the following:

1. Returning the machine to it’s factory state, will allow it to re-request the latest software version. This will rectify any software mismatch. Instruction on this process are here: 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your air treatment machine
  2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the App will force it to download the latest version, which include bug fixes. For store information, might I recommend viewing: Downloading the Dyson App 
  3. Restabilising the connection. Restoring the machine to the factory state and removing the App from your device will result in you having to reconnect to the home network and your App. Try: Connecting to your Purifiers, Humidifiers and Heaters for more information. 

If this fixes your issue, then it can simply be put down to a network/software mismatch. Should it not, you could conclude there is a hardware issue, where the only resolution would be a repair or replacement, and no further need for Troubleshooting with the Dyson team. 

David. 

Hello @M4ffw. We’re sorry to hear you’re still experiencing issues with your device. 

From the details you’ve shared, it looks like we’ll need to run you through a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks to help work out why this is happening. As you’ve already tried our online Support guide, please get in touch via WhatsApp: To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Our experts will also be able to confirm if any replacement parts or repairs needed are covered under your Dyson guarantee.

Hi Max,

Unfortunately, I tend to only get a response once a day (or find the responses after a day or two then stop altogether, despite waiting for a reply) over Whatsapp despite so it wouldn’t be my ideal choice. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t under warranty (considering it’s been within Dyson UK’s possession within the last week)

I’ve also followed David’s instructions beneath, to no avail.

Hi @M4ffw 

A very strange predicament.

I experienced a similar fault some years ago. I was able to rectify it, without the need for a repair or an exchange. The process in doing so, was somewhat simple, although involved multiple steps, including uninstalling and reinstalling the App.

I concluded the error was the result of either, my own networks inability to process or sent machine data across WiFi or that it was a mismatch in the Dyson cloud server.

May I recommend the following:

1. Returning the machine to it’s factory state, will allow it to re-request the latest software version. This will rectify any software mismatch. Instruction on this process are here: 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your air treatment machine
  2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the App will force it to download the latest version, which include bug fixes. For store information, might I recommend viewing: Downloading the Dyson App 
  3. Restabilising the connection. Restoring the machine to the factory state and removing the App from your device will result in you having to reconnect to the home network and your App. Try: Connecting to your Purifiers, Humidifiers and Heaters for more information. 

If this fixes your issue, then it can simply be put down to a network/software mismatch. Should it not, you could conclude there is a hardware issue, where the only resolution would be a repair or replacement, and no further need for Troubleshooting with the Dyson team. 

David. 

Hi David,

All valid points, as the machine hadn’t been reset since it was boxed in August. I’ve just been through all the steps you’ve suggested, having it turned off for 10 mins, conducting a factory reset, removal from the Dyson app, followed by removal of the app itself. Then re-install the app, join the HP04 to the app again.

Unfortunately, after all those steps it still shows an ‘Air Quality fault’.

Many thanks.

Hello @M4ffw 

Thank you for allowing us the time to investigate into this for you.

Based on the discussion with a member of the team, who has been in contact with you we can confirm a resolution is now in place.

We appreciate and thank you @DavidTaylor for your suggestion as well. 

If you need anything further, please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Courtney

Edit - on-going. Shall update shortly :)