My Solarcycle light swithes off on its own - Any solutions? | Dyson Community
Solved

My Solarcycle light swithes off on its own - Any solutions?

While using the light at night in cycle or relax mode the light switches off after a couple of minutes. Am I not setting it correctly?  Any help would be great. Thank you. jm

icon

Best answer by jowdawg02 3 August 2023, 16:49

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

11 replies

No clue. I’ve not seen many people ask questions about the lights on here. Maybe @Davel101 can help. They posted a question about theirs earlier. 

Userlevel 1

@jowdawg02 I wish I was able to help but I have the same behavouir that you’ve described regardless of what mode I set it to or if I use the app or pressing the buttons. I’ve paid a lot of money for something that doesn’t work more than 90 seconds.

Thank you for you reply.  I’m going to call Dyson and see where that gets me. This light is brand new. 

I’ll try the reset first and see if that works…

Expensive light for this to be happening!!

Thank you for you reply.  I’m going to call Dyson and see where that gets me. This light is brand new. 

I’ll try the reset first and see if that works…

Expensive light for this to be happening!!

If you’ve not yet read, we have a post with steps to reset.

Userlevel 1

I’ve tried this many times without any success; as previously mentioned, I’ve moved the light around our house, and the light behaves the same, works for between 10 and 90 seconds and switches off. It would be nice for someone from Dyson support to reply

@jowdawg02 Please let us know if you have any success with your call to Dyson Support

I might have solved my problem. On settings I changed the motion detection to off. Then I noticed that under the sun cycle setting I had my location entered but the custom cycle button was on which had discrete time set. I shut this off as well. 

As of last night it seems to have resolved the shut off issue. I’ll continue to monitor and if things change l will post updates. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the update @jowdawg02; please don’t take this the wrong way, but I was glad other people were having the same issue as myself. I’d given up on Dyson as I kept hitting walls; after a couple of years of doing the same thing, I gave up. For some reason, I posted on this forum, and maybe, just maybe, someone from Dyson will get in touch.
I hope changing the settings on your light resolves your issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Davel101 Any luck with Dyson?

Sorry Davel101, it seems that my adjustments made the difference. Hope it continues to work properly. If not I’ll post. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Eagles, no, as usual, nothing from Dyson; it would seem that Dyson Intelligence can’t seem to process that my problems aren’t because I bought the light in Singapore. As the serial number doesn’t work with the UK system, they don’t seem to be able to do anything.

As previously mentioned, I’ve been fighting this fight for years without any luck; I don’t have the disposable income or the confidence to buy another Dyson. I’ve just been shocked by the level of support for a so-called premier UK technology company.

Thanks for checking @Eagles

Userlevel 1

@Eagles@jowdawg02 Dyson are now deleting my messages, nice.