Disappointed Customer - Order Feedback | Dyson Community

Disappointed Customer - Order Feedback

• 2 June 2023
  • 3 replies

It is with sadness and disappointment that I feel I need to write to you.

As an owner of several Dyson devices I am a advocate of your products and I would not hesitate to recommend them to others. That opinion has been somewhat tarnished by my recent experience.

I ordered a pair of straighteners direct from your website for my partner. I ordered them Friday 19th May giving sufficient time for them to arrive for her birthday on the 31st May. The website states free delivery and I was able to pick a specific date which was important as I needed to be at home to receive them. I chose delivery date of Thursday 25th May 12:00 – 18:00, still with the thought that would give sufficient time, I received Email confirmation of the order within an hour of placing the order.

Thinking all is well I did not give it a thought until 18:00 on 25th May when I realized that it wasn’t going to arrive. I tried to contact customer support by phone but after ten minutes gave up and used the What’s App messenger, still no real contact until Friday 26th May morning when “Rayn” replied  he will look into it, I then noticed that £399 (popup on phone) was deducted from my Apple Pay account on the Friday morning, at which point I checked to see if that was a second payment, thankfully it wasn’t.

I received another What’s App message saying the order would be processed asap and to allow five working days and I would receive confirmation when the order was dispatched. The likelihood of my partners birthday present arriving on time was virtually zero, and because payment was already  taken I couldn’t purchase them from another supplier. Her birthday came and went and at time of writing still no communication from yourselves or notification of dispatch.

To add insult to injury the period between the original order on the 19th and the money coming out of the bank account on the 26th May you dropped the price of the exact same straighteners by £100! But still charged me the full price of £399.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Hello @Finburg 

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.  

Thanks, 

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hello @Finburg 

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.  

Thanks, 

Order Number: 1504443189 ( same as previous )

An up date:
On 2nd of June, 3 days after my wife's birthday, having heard nothing, I again contacted the expert via what's app. Asking if there was anything to report on my order. They again apologised and said that an urgent request was placed and I should hear something within 24- 48hrs.
96 hrs later and I still have had no communications.
I again contacted the expert via What's app. I received a What's App message this morning again apologising and thanking me for my patience while they look into it.
Nearly 3 weeks after the dispatch notice said they would be delivered, a ruined birthday, paying £100 more than advertised and still awaiting for any communication telling me what the problem is.
Surely this is not normal for Dyson?

Regards

Paul

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I feel of late that this is the usual service. Especially in the UK/US. Dyson seminally outsourced their contact centres and ever since, they’ve offered a below par service. I usually suggest using their WhatsApp service, as the conversations are recorded and easily recalled by management. In your instance, I strongly suggest calling them and demanding a member of the senior team investigate.

I’ve worked in logistics in my long career. Once an order is processed, if there is no clear issue with payment, it is tracked/moved along an automated sales system, triggering delivery and notifications at set milestones. I can only conclude human error has created the breakdown.