Dyson Airstrait™ straightener. Now available in the UK. | Dyson Community
Sticky News

Dyson Airstrait™ straightener. Now available in the UK.

• 25 January 2024
  • 19 replies
Dyson Airstrait™ straightener. Now available in the UK.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Dyson Community Manager
  • 689 replies

It’s here at last! The new Dyson Airstrait™ straightener is now available in the UK.

Visit our website to learn more and place your order: https://www.dyson.co.uk/hair-care/hair-straighteners/airstrait

We’re here to help if you have any questions about our latest innovation in haircare, which uses precision airflow to dry, style and straighten. No hot plates. No heat damage.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

19 replies

Can’t wait!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Filomena,

We’ll look forward to hearing what you think, once you’ve had a chance to get hands-on with the latest Dyson haircare technology! 😀

Please be kind to us and let us know the release date🤩

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Filomena,

Please make sure you’ve signed up here so we can keep you in the loop!

I had an email about early access for the airstrait as I’d signed up ages ago. Will I get an email 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Jenson12,

Apologies if I’m misunderstanding your comment - if you’ve already received an email from Dyson about the new Dyson Airstrait™ straightener after registering your interest online, it should include all the information you need and a link to find out more!

Userlevel 1

Hi Jack 

I just got mine this morning, it’s amazing. I have the Airwrap and the Dyson hairdryer, but this is the best so far 🙂

I have the Dyson Airstrait and this is an amazing item. Just one bad thing is that the cable length is so short. So need to buy a separate extension. Also they selling airstrait but the box for the kept item safe is not available. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Rim,

Thanks for your feedback, great to hear you’re loving your machine!

The cord length on the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener in the UK is 2.72m - which is very similar to the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer and the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler. I’m sorry if you’re finding you could use further reach in your particular instance. We do advise against using any of our machines with an extension lead.

The Dyson Airstrait straightener doesn’t include a storage box at this time. We include a storage box with the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler, and some variants of the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer, to help you keep additional attachments safe and easily to hand. We don't always include it with our other haircare machines as these don't have as many accessories. But the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener does include a heatproof mat, which it can be safely placed on during or after use.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Rim,

Thanks for your feedback, great to hear you’re loving your machine!

The cord length on the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener in the UK is 2.72m - which is very similar to the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer and the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler. I’m sorry if you’re finding you could use further reach in your particular instance.

The Dyson Airstrait straightener doesn’t include a storage box at this time. We include a storage box with the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler, and some variants of the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer, to help you keep additional attachments safe and easily to hand. We don't always include it with our other haircare machines as these don't have as many accessories. But the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener does include a heatproof mat, which it can be safely placed on during or after use.

Hope this helps!

Hello, I checked already this is not true the cable of the Airstrait comes 199 cm, as I see different and can measure with other devices because I gave all of them. 

I received the Airstrait last Tuesday, having received an email regarding early access. I  have had to contact customer support as the outer body seems to move, quite a bit and I can feel it when I am changing settings. It feels like it hasn't been screwed together correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also i have to wait up to 72 hours for a response from Dyson regarding an exchange as they think it is faulty. But if I brought one today I can get it delivered tomorrow but a exchange can take 3 days to process.

Just feeling really disappointed about a product I have waited so long for.

@Jack when will 3rd party retailers such as Currys get the Airstrait for sale in the UK? Regards 

This item is amazing, but the experience with this Airstrait is frustrating. The device comes with a shorter length cable as not described. In website says the length should be 2.72 cm, but my one comes shorter and the length is around 2m. So they exchanged but the problem was not solved, because the second item comes with the same issue. I would say this is a manufacturing fault and all parts are the same. Now waiting for the Dyson response, as I like this equipment but I need a proper one not with some defects. 

This I compare with my Dyson hair dryer. So see the difference is. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Rim,

Within the UK, the cable on the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener is  2.72m long - compared to 2.67m on the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler, and 2.62m on the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer.

Can you let me know which country you bought your Dyson Airstrait™ straightener in?

So should be longer than Airwrap and the hair dryer 👀. My Airstrait is shorter than all my devices from Dyson. It’s really a manufacturing fault. I believe they resolved a problem and I got the proper item as they described on their website. Thank you Jack. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Benellen,

Thanks for your question! We don’t have an exact date to share yet, but we expect to launch with third party retailers within the coming weeks.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Sarah Howell,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’m sorry you’re not off to a good start with your machine, but glad an exchange has been arranged. If there are any concerns about the exchange process, please do continue your conversation with our Customer Care team as they have full access to your records on our system, and are best placed to support you with this.

Hi @Benellen,

Thanks for your question! We don’t have an exact date to share yet, but we expect to launch with third party retailers within the coming weeks.

Hope this helps!

@Jack so no date at all? Boots are running a competition that gives an invitation to the ‘launch party’ that states in the T&C’s that the launch date is the 22nd February, would this mean the likely date for launch with 3rd retailers is that date?

Regards