Is there a power converter for Dyson hairdryer (Supersonic)? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is there a power converter for Dyson hairdryer (Supersonic)?

• 29 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I am traveling to Italy in May and want to take my Dyson hairdryer- I have noticed many converters say they are not compatible with Dyson…has anyone found one that will work with the Dyson hairdryer?
thank you

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 29 March 2023, 16:04

View original

2 replies

Hi @Nlove 

What a brilliant question - in most cases we advise only using the machine in the country that it was brought in or which provides the same voltage. This helps to avoids any unwanted power related faults that could be caused.

In terms of the converters, this wouldn't be something we recommend. As the use of these hasn’t been tried or tested with the use of the product, we cannot offer a guarantee. We recommend having a look at this link:

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Dyson’s stance has always been the same with cross boarders use. Power converters, adapter and even extension leads are a no. It’s not to say they won’t work, more that if damage is caused to the Dyson, the warranty is void. 

If it’s purchased in the EU, you’ll generally be fine with the voltage. If you’re traveling from the US or Asia, you’ll have an issue.