Issues returning Dyson airwrap | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Issues returning Dyson airwrap

• 3 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, looking for some advice/help returning my Airwrap.

my husband bought me the UK airwrap for Christmas while we were in the UK - but we were due to relocate shortly after to the US. Ahead of purchasing, he had contacted Dyson and been told the UK version would work in the US with a voltage adapter. This is the only reason he bought the UK version rather than waiting until we were in the US. 

we now know (several conversations with Dyson and a voltage adapter later) that the UK airwrap won’t work in the US. But leading up to this point we’ve both spoken to Dyson several times and been told the adapter will work. I even have a WhatsApp conversation with Dyson where I was recommended the adapter, even to the point I was asking for advice on which make of adapter was best for Dyson products. 

Given we were given the wrong information, I want to exchange my UK airwrap for the US version. But it’s been really difficult trying to resolve things with Dyson. I’ve been bounced between UK Dyson and US Dyson multiple times. I’ve asked to raise a complaint numerous times on WhatsApp and my request has been ignored. I’ve asked to return my airwrap but just been referred to the other region. I’ve spoken on the phone with both, and no one has been able to help. I’m at a bit of a loss and wondering if anyone has had similar and how you were able to resolve things? Thanks

Hi @Jojolo,

Thanks for bring this to out attention. 

It unfortunately sound like you’ve been misinformed. The Airwrap does not work with a convertor - this is actually something Dyson recommend in their warranty/user instructions.

We cannot provide an international exchange from a UK model to a US model as this is not a fault of the machine that would be covered under warranty service. Any returns must be completed with the point of sale so US would not be able to assist with any return from the UK.

Read more information about overseas use and voltage regulations here - The Dyson Airstrait™️ straightener, Dyson Airwrap™️ multi-styler and Dyson Supersonic™️ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? | Dyson Community.

Teanna