Dyson v11 outsize origin - Replacement part cost | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I have bought more than ten Dyson products over the years. I absolutely love the cordless vacuums and hairdryers.  My Dyson outsize just stopped working and it’s only 2 !/2 years old.  The main body replacement is $350!!! I have never had one last such a short time.  The cordless  I gave my dad is almost ten years old!! Has anyone else had a problem with this model?? I’m so bummed.  

$350!! This can’t be direct. I’ve just checked the US site, they sell them between $95.99 - $129.99. Might be worth giving the site another visit - Spare parts for Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners | Dyson US

When they fail, it’s either the main body, battery or charger. I’d never order all three right off the mark. If it’s a power issue, I’d start with the main body. 

I spoke with a customer service representative after I did the suggested trouble shooting. They said it’s that much but I will check your link. Thanks!

I spoke with a customer service representative after I did the suggested trouble shooting. They said it’s that much but I will check your link. Thanks!

I would, there price they’ve quoted is close to a new stick vac cost. It might also be worth visiting the online diagnostics and viewing the issue yourself. In case the rep got the replacement part completely wrong. https://www.dyson.com/support