Gen5 Detect - particle count issue | Dyson Community
Solved

Gen5 Detect - particle count issue

• 28 October 2022
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Has anyone else has an issue with the Gen5 Detect? 

I am on my second machine, after an exchange, and I still do not have any particle reading with it running on the spot.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 28 October 2022, 12:47

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @Spencer 

I’ve seen the same exact post on Reddit not two days ago! I’m thinking it’s a learning/functionality adaption other than a fault. 

It doesn’t count the same way as the V12 & V15.

Instead, each bar will fill up when it detects dirt and will go down again once the dirt is no longer detected. Coloured bars indicate high (blue), medium (white) or low (green) volumes of dust.

You’ll get a particle count summery after pressing the power button when you’re finished vacuuming.

Try sprinkling some dirt on the floor, the bars should fill up with those colours and then go blank again once it’s all vacuumed up.

Empty blank bars (like in your video) = clean.

It would be great to hear if you start seeing particle count when using it on dirty flooring.

Kirby!

My V12 Dyson vacuum cleaner is back up and at peek yes the particle counter is back in the billions!!! Them pesty 1.0 must have been jamming the counter good full cleaning and back to cleaning my world 1 micron at a time. Love my Dyson vacuum cleaner. 👍💯🇺🇸