Poor customer service response to an expired warranty - Pulsing stick vac | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Poor customer service response to an expired warranty - Pulsing stick vac

• 9 June 2023
  • 1 reply

in the ten years I have been a Dyson owner, I’m now on my third vacuum (go figure). My current is a V11 Gold Absolute which cost me £699 in January 2020. The vacuum within the last couple of months has began to turn itself on an off at whim EG when I removed it from it charger the motor starts and will only switch off once I replace it onto the charger. So, having had previous very good experiences with Dyson I decided to report the fault yesterday. I appreciate its outside its warranty but the Customer Service adviser told me the reason its no longer performing is that the vacuum is ‘Old”. Sadly I now feel Dyson products are no longer built to last. Its time to move on to a more reliable brand.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Hello @MrCord 

Your machine cutting out could be due to a few reasons. The main one would be due to a blockage within the machine. For all cord-free owners here, any time this issue occurs, in addition to a blockage within the machine, the issue can also be that your filter(s) are in need of cleaning. Even if those still look clean, you would be surprised how much dust/dirt can linger deep within the filter. Keeping this clean and free from debris will keep your machine working optimally.

This could also be due to issues with the battery or charger. I'm glad to see that you have tested the charger. Normally when your machine is experiencing battery or charging issues your display will not turn on however blue flashing lights will indicate that there might be an electrical issue. 

The below link will give you insight regarding batteries and charging issues. 

My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do?

If the above insight does not help, I would recommend that you get in contact with the Dyson Contact Centre. 

You can find the Dyson Helpline number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,