V15 detect running without trigger press | Dyson Community
Solved

V15 detect running without trigger press

• 11 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Has anyone had issues where they release the trigger of their vaccum and the device continues to run? I didn’t know if it was just me or if others had this oddity. Please advise.

(Moderator Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 13 January 2023, 10:25

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Hi @Dsmead

Nope! I’ve not had this happen. Although I do have an earlier model! V10. @Eagles has a V15. Maybe they can help? 

Could it be similar to this? Cordless V11 continues running when trigger released - Suggestions? | Dyson Community

Kirby!

Have you tried Dyson online help? - https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/troubleshooting/369372-01.

I just did it again hold the trigger down then release still runs for 5-10 seconds give or take. No it’s not like the v11 and no the steps of troubleshooting never match up to my issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Dsmead

Thanks for posting a question. 

As this might not be something another one of our members has experienced, I thought it best I step in to help. 

The most likely cause in my opinion is an internal error located to the handle (main body component).  However, as our customer helpline have more precise diagnostics which can help troubleshoot this exact issue, they will be able to instruct on the cause and subsequent replacement parts needed to rectify this issue. 

I’d therefore urge you to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select your local markets telephone number. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Stuart, 

I just received this device 1/4 ago off a replacement from a warranty issue. I’m just honestly starting to be bothered by this now being the second device I’ve had issues with of this exact model. It was mailed to me as a brand new device but to have a struggle with this and the canister not opening correctly when I goto dump the dust/vaccumed mess. I am just having a lot of heartache around this dyson vaccum.