DC25 brush bar isn't spinning - Any ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

DC25 brush bar isn't spinning - Any ideas?

• 22 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

i've recently had a problem with the brush rotor on the front of my vacuum cleaner

it stopped spinning so i checked the support pages and followed the instructions.
then i checked youtube for answers.  i found a video of someone who had a broken white power cable in the side assembly of the device.
this is exactly the same place as my device.  i followed the instructions and soldered the cable back together which worked.
here's the URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuS3EKAoUQE
i checked out the Dyson community and other people have posted problems with their front brush not spinning so it seems to be a common problem. e.g.

Help my DC25 brush bar isn't spinning - Any suggestions? | Dyson Community

DC 25 Upright vacuum - Brush Bar Not Spinning | Dyson Community

my problem is that the soldered connection has broken again.

i looked at the possibility of replacing the white cable but though i can access the connection in the side assembly hinge i cannot get to the connection in the front brush connector.
if there were some instructions of how to disassemble the front part then i could simply replace the white cable.

DC25 with side panel removed

it seems crazy to throw the whole vacuum cleaner away just because of a simple cable.
i hope that Dyson have a sustainability ethos that might mean that they can help me and other is the same situation to fix their devices.

icon

Best answer by Charliebrown 23 August 2023, 14:47

View original

4 replies

Hi @rogic9 

Thank you for raising this with us.

The DC25 has been retired since January 2022, meaning we do not perform any services or send replacement parts for the machine.

I do understand that you are enquiring about the white wire, which can be either replaced completely or repaired. You will have to contact one of your local technicians to check if this issue can be resolved.

We can only recommend purchasing a new cleaner head.

Kindly follow the below link to be directed to our third-party retailers.

Espares

PartMaster

4YourHome

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to respond below.

Regards, 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Dyson won’t/can’t offer repair information against their own products. They’ll fall back on taking it to a registered electrician or service centre. Where they don’t offer servicing any longer, sadly we’re on our own! I’d look on Reddit or YouTube for a text/video on stripping it out and repairing it. If your after a replacement part or someone to do it for you, start with the list above or just call around vacuum cleaner repair shops. They’ll have the know how.

Userlevel 1

thanks for your advice.  i went back to youtube and found a complete dissassembly tutorial for the DC25

Dyson DC25 Stripdown - Full Componentisation! - YouTube

i’ll have to remove yolk from the ball and then i can get to the screws on the back of the yolk wiring loom (35mins in on the video) so i can take it off and replace it.  the yolk loom is part no: 916190-01

doesn’t look too hard so i’ll give it a go.  thanks again!

I had the same problem and the fault was exactly the same.  Fixed by repairing the broken wire.

Cheers 

MGMaestro