Dyson Cinetic Bin - Bleed valve/ suction port | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Cinetic Bin - Bleed valve/ suction port

• 9 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I acquired Corded Cinetic Big Ball Vacuum. On Canister assembly at top there is a “port” which when running I can feel suction at.What is purpose of that port, is it just an air intake and should I hear noise (suction noise) at that port? Pretty sure vacuum is operating properly but just not certain

icon

Best answer by Jack 10 February 2023, 13:15

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @twodown02 

The 'port' you've noticed is actually a bleed valve. It's there to help protect your vacuum's motor if something's preventing enough airflow from passing through the machine. It's normal for the valve to open briefly from time to time, especially if you're vacuuming a very dense flooring or fabric. But if the valve seems to be open continuously when the machine is running and you can hear or feel suction through it, it's likely you have a blockage somewhere. Our Support guide will help you check all the areas you'd need to troubleshoot to resolve this:

https://www.dyson.com/support/journey/troubleshooting/206033-01/pick-up-issues-141498/check-both-base-and-hose-206279

Let us know how you get on, or if you’d like any further guidance!

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Found that lower hose at back of ball was completely blocked

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @twodown02,

Thanks for taking the time to update on the outcome - that’s great news! So many issues like this are a quick and easy fix when you know where to look, and the Dyson Community is always happy to point you in the right direction.

I’m sure your Dyson Cinetic™ vacuum will continue to work well for you now you’ve removed the blockage. You know where to find us if you need further help or advice at any point!