Dyson DC50 replacement motor head. | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson DC50 replacement motor head.

• 8 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, we have a DC50 animal ball upright. The brushes will not spin so I assume the motor may be at fault.

I have had a look online and seen a complect head replacement for sale. I need to check that this will fit our appliance. The picture of the head looks a little different than the one on ours. We moved over to New Zealand a few years ago, so my question is will this one fit. Photos attached. Thanks.

replacement head

old head

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added) 

icon

Best answer by Eagles 8 March 2023, 22:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Alright @david clancy

Parts for specific models are universal. Excluding motors and power cables. Parts aren’t interchangeable between them. For example, DC41 components won’t work on the DC50. 

Have you read their How to: Order spare parts and accessories page? There’s a link into your local website, which in tern provides a list of all compatible components for your model. If you’re unsure still, drop the part number in a reply and I’m sure one of the mods can check it for you 😁!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @david clancy 

I did check on our Dyson New Zealand page to check for DC50 replacement parts, but wasn’t able to locate what you need. That doesn’t however, mean that the part isn’t available. If you haven’t already done so, we’d encourage you to get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

It should do the job. If the site shows it’s compatible with your Dyson, it most likely is. The only difference I see is the suction slider at the front. Maybe read up on their returns process just in case 😃!