Getting a refund is like pulling teeth, that refuse to come out. | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Getting a refund is like pulling teeth, that refuse to come out.

• 14 June 2024
  • 2 replies

My mother owns a DC41 Animal ball vacuum cleaner. She noticed that the machine was depositing a lot of dust back onto her carpets. So she said that the hose had burst. I thought that she meant the accessory hose at the rear of the handle. So I went online and placed an order for said hose. But when I stripped the machine down, I noticed that it wasn’t the accessory hose, it was in stead the sliding hose that was riddled with huge tares.

So I phoned Dyson UK and spoken with a guy whom had a Dutch accent, explained that I hadn’t used the accessory hose and could I get a prepared return label, via email. It came, I printed it off and took it to my local post office, and it was posted 15/04/2024 at 10.00, the royal mail collect parcels and letter at 17.00 every single evening. And I witnessed my parcel being loaded onto the collection vehicle. 

We couldn’t find a replacement sliding hose on the Dyson UK website, so I ordered a genuine Dyson part via Ebay UK for £9.99 and it arrived within 2 days.

The point I’m making is this, I didn’t get a receipt to prove I posted it. Because the post master gave me the confused look that there isn’t a proper bar code for me to scan. Because whenever I’ve sent post recorded delivery, compared to the barcode on the prepaid label given to me via the email.

I’ve been in contact with Dyson 5 times now, and each time they’ve told me “It’ll take 72 hours for us to process a refund to you” 2 months is not 72 hours. I am at a point in my life where I have never been treated like I am a 2nd rate citizen. And £37.50 is something that I cannot just throw away. This day 14/06/2024 I have been on the phone twice, the first representative said that I had to provide proof of posting. Again I tried to explain that I posted said parcel almost 2 months ago, But I would try and get some form of information from the post master.

I immediately called Dyson back explaining the post masters barcode machine couldn’t read the different barcode on the prepaid label. Where upon I am advised that they need proof of purchase. If I had any hair on my head, I’d have pulled it out already. I am at a complete loss. How can I get proof of purchase if my post masters barcode machine cannot read the darn barcode on the prepaid label.

So I am to lose £37.50 because someone sent me the wrong prepaid label without the correct barcode on it, I don’t think so. I’ve checked around, and Dyson are the worst people to get your money back from. They’ll take your money, but they’ll fight tooth and nail to not refund it to you.

My next vacuum cleaner is not going to be a Dyson that’s for certain. I know I said the refund was for my mums Dyson vacuum cleaner, I own a different model Animal vacuum cleaner, and I’m going back to Hoover.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Here’s an update from Dyson support.

Greetings, Mr. (Name omitted)

Thank you for reaching Dyson Tech support, hope this email finds you well.

Below you will find your case number related to the interaction that took place today.
As we need the proof of postage, you can go to the post office with the label that was sent to your email when we processed the return and they should be able to scan the barcode on the label and to give you the proof of postage with the tracking number since we could not confirm if the item was received at the warehouse.

Case number: 39360222 

If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate and reach us back, we’ll be more than glad to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Dyson Support.
 servlet.ImageServer?oid=00D1t000000p6uk&esid=0187Q00000AB2Ts&from=ext

thread::2whI6SAnPyGhZgMhKSmDqB4::

Really does something not compute, when I say that the barcode machine at my local post office cannot read the prepaid label on the email sent to me. And they send me a no reply email. come on get a grip, how am I supposed to contact them, on the phone again. Shaking my head…...

Here’s an update, all thanks to Jack working his magic at getting a resolve to my dilemma at getting a refund from Dyson UK. The money is now pending (Time delayed) Which is normal working practice with PayPal either into or out of your account.

Thanks again Jack for all of your hard work, I really appreciated all of your genuine hard work in resolving this matter for me. Sorry but I do not know how to close this thread.

Regards,

David (Distopian User61)