My Negative Customer Service Experience with Dyson for Warranty Exchange | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

My Negative Customer Service Experience with Dyson for Warranty Exchange

• 4 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I initiated a warranty exchange for my Dyson hair machine on May 3, 2024, and my defective machine was delivered to Dyson’s warehouse on May 7, 2024. I contacted Dyson to confirm receipt, and that is when I was advised that it takes up to 14 business days for my replacement order to be shipped out. At the latest, I should have received my shipping confirmation email by May 28, 2024. Over the course of May and June, I contacted Dyson approximately 7 or 8 times via the phone and chat because I received a different answer from every customer service agent regarding the status of my order.

I asked to speak with a supervisor on multiple occasions, but was left on hold on a few occasions for over 20 minutes. Finally a team “lead” contacted me last Thursday, May 30, 2024  from a chat request that I made on Tuesday, May 28, 2024, but his story was the same as the other representatives, that the warehouse hasn’t processed my exchange yet, but he would get right on it. This person then advised me that he took care of it, and proceeded to send me a fake email stating that my machine has shipped on Thursday, May 30, 2024. When I clicked on track my package, I was taken to a webpage that said “page not found.”

I kept trying to track my package over the course of the weekend and yesterday, June 3, 2024, but kept being routed to the same webpage, “page not found.” I contacted Dyson when I got off work yesterday, and spent over 30 minutes on the phone with 20 minutes waiting on hold for a supervisor (that never came on the line). The representative from yesterday was not able to verify that my replacement machine had been shipped. I am upset, and have been lied to over and over with no resolution in sight. I still don’t have my replacement machine and Dyson has not contacted me to resolve the issue. At this point a refund would be warranted since I can’t get a replacement hair machine. There have been too many empty promises, and I will not purchase another Dyson product again. 

Think twice before purchasing a Dyson product.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.