Corrale straightener won't hold a charge - No replacement offered after warranty expired - Buyer Beware | Dyson Community

Corrale straightener won't hold a charge - No replacement offered after warranty expired - Buyer Beware

• 5 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I purchased the Corrale straightener a little over 2 years ago. My warranty was up 6 months ago and now my straightener will not hold a charge for longer than 3-5 minutes. I am furious that an expensive item like this is not guaranteed to last longer than 2 years. I was instructed by Dyson to take it to the nearest service center (an hour away) so they can determine what is wrong and how much it will cost me to fix it. I love my Dyson products but not so much that after paying A LOT for this product I now have to drive several hours there and back to PAY to have it repaired. This is not the way you stand behind your products or keep satisfied customers. I will warn others and encourage them to buy less expensive brands because it appears the Dyson name is not worth it! So disappointed...

Anonymous 10 months ago

Hi @tellcheryl 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Battery failure is sadly unpredictable. It exclusively can’t be tracked to a singular cause, and it is important to note that this doesn’t just affect vacuum batteries but any rechargeable battery in modern society. The battery in power tools, remote control cars through to that of the rechargeable AA/AAA batteries in use around the home, all fall foul of degradation over time. Sadly, Dyson technology is also subject to the same. 

However, to support owners we do have several tips and tricks that could ultimately help you achieve a longer battery life. I recommend reading our Dyson Corrale™️ straightener: Six tips to help maximise run time article. 

If you wanted to understand battery degradation more, please refer to this article - Understanding Battery Degradation.

Dyson offer a 2-year warranty against their Hair straightener products. Once this expires, you are subject to any additional charges related to replace or replacement. As your machine is outside of this period of time, there would be a charge associated with a repair. You may however be able to take advantage of product shipment. In larger countries where our service centres are spread out, such as the USA, you will be able to arrange shipment to and from the centre - please refer to this website for further information Service Centers | Dyson or speak to your local Dyson representative for support. 

To do this, simply click on our Guides and Manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact Us section of the page, and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Thanks, 

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Hi @tellcheryl 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Battery failure is sadly unpredictable. It exclusively can’t be tracked to a singular cause, and it is important to note that this doesn’t just affect vacuum batteries but any rechargeable battery in modern society. The battery in power tools, remote control cars through to that of the rechargeable AA/AAA batteries in use around the home, all fall foul of degradation over time. Sadly, Dyson technology is also subject to the same. 

However, to support owners we do have several tips and tricks that could ultimately help you achieve a longer battery life. I recommend reading our Dyson Corrale™ straightener: Six tips to help maximise run time article. 

If you wanted to understand battery degradation more, please refer to this article - Understanding Battery Degradation.

Dyson offer a 2-year warranty against their Hair straightener products. Once this expires, you are subject to any additional charges related to replace or replacement. As your machine is outside of this period of time, there would be a charge associated with a repair. You may however be able to take advantage of product shipment. In larger countries where our service centres are spread out, such as the USA, you will be able to arrange shipment to and from the centre - please refer to this website for further information Service Centers | Dyson or speak to your local Dyson representative for support. 

To do this, simply click on our Guides and Manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact Us section of the page, and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Thanks,