Cordless V15 Detect - Is the 'outsize+' Canister compatible? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V15 Detect - Is the 'outsize+' Canister compatible?

• 19 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Although I like the Dyson vacuum I got roughly 8 months ago, my wife hates it due to it’s small canister size.     I noticed an outsize+ that’s very similar in style but a much larger canister - does anyone know if this will fit the V15 Detect?      Or if there are any Dyson or even aftermarket canisters that are larger?

I’d rather not buy an entirely new vacuum just for the sake of a larger piece of plastic, at the time I bought the V15 I wasn’t even aware of the outsize.(I did not see it on Best Buy).

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 January 2023, 14:45

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hello @tounces7 

Thanks for posting a questions! 

It’s great to hear you’re enjoying your Dyson V15 Detect.

Sadly, the Dyson Outsize bin is not compatible with the Dyson V15. This bin type is only compatible with our other ‘Outsize’ vacuums;

1. Dyson Outsize Absolute
  2. Dyson Outsize Complete
  3. Dyson V11 Outsize

By visiting your local Dyson website and viewing our ‘Accessories’ store, you’ll be able to identify all the tools and accessories compatible with the Dyson V15 Detect, or any other machine that you might own. Read more about ordering accessories on our How to: Order spare parts and accessories article.

If you need further support after this, please let me know. 

Alternatively, get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks,

Alright @tounces7

If you had a V11 series, I’m 99% the outsized bin would be compatible. Using it would have been a different story. Most likely been seen as an after market modification and voided the warranty. 

The cyclone on the Outize models is notably larger in design than that of the V15 series. I’d think it would just fall off, so no it wouldn't work. A great idea nonetheless!!

Outsize
V15